TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR HIRE OF THE HENFIELD HALL
The HIRER is the group or individual hiring the hall. The COMMITTEE is the Management Committee of Trustees on behalf of the Henfield Hall.
The Hirer shall, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for: supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, furniture & fittings ; their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort; and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity. The Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the premises or to the fixtures, fittings or contents and for loss of contents
The COMMITTEE reserves the right to refuse any application for hiring without giving a reason, to attach any additional conditions to any particular hiring and to vary the scale of charges in the case of any particular hiring.
If you have any questions or queries concerning the above please do not hesitate to contact the Henfield Hall Steward.
Health & Safety
1. Must comply with fire precautions, ensure that all fire doors are unlocked all fire doors and that the foyer and corridors are kept free from obstruction and immediately available for instant free public exit. Rows of chairs that are linked should not be separated. Fire doors on the East side of the hall should be kept closed during an event.
2. Shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food hygiene legislation.
3. Must ensure all electrical equipment brought onto the premises is working and safe. A circuit breaker should be used if provided. LPG must not be brought into the Hall.
4. Shall ensure that highly flammable substances are not brought into, or used in any part of the premises
5. The Henfield Hall is a No Smoking /No Vaping building although there are designated areas outside which must be adhered to.
6. Must report all accidents involving injury to the Hall Steward . Certain accidents and injuries are externally reportable (RIDDOR reporting). The Hall Steward will help with this and ensure the event is recorded in the accident book
7. Shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Booking Confirmation Form and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies without written permission.
8. Will be provided with a booking agreement. Only areas identified in the agreement may be used. The Hall should be entered and vacated at the stated times. The kitchen may be shared unless the Kitchen is hired for sole use or the whole premises is hired.
9. May be required to pay a deposit when the booking is agreed and pay the balance before the event. If full payment is not received by 14 days after the event the COMMITTEE may impose additional charges. The COMMITTEE has the right to ask for an additional cash deposit one week before the event, refundable if there is no damage or loss.
10. Can cancel the booking ONE month prior to the event. Later than this, if the space cannot be rebooked, the HIRER may face charges at the discretion of the COMMITTEE. The COMMITTEE can cancel the booking in extreme circumstances.
11. Is responsible for ensuring that the rooms and, if used, the kitchens are left in a clean and tidy condition. Sufficient cleaning up time must be allowed for this purpose. Failure may result in an additional fee. The Hirer will be responsible for any costs incurred by the COMMITTEE for special cleaning and for any loss, breakages or damage to kitchen equipment including disposal of bottles not removed from the premises.
12. Shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
13. Shall, if selling goods on the premises, comply with Fair Trading laws and any code of practice used in connection with such sales. In particular, the Hirer shall ensure that the total prices of all goods and services are prominently displayed, as shall the organiser's name and address
14. Shall not carry out or permit fly posting or any other form of unauthorised advertisements for any event taking place at the premises, and shall indemnify and keep the COMMITTEE indemnified accordingly against all actions, claims and proceedings arising from any breach of this condition
15. Does not need to obtain entertainment, music or alcohol licences but would be responsible for other licences.
16. Must seek permission to bring alcohol onto the premises if the use of the bar is not included in the booking agreement. Corkage may be charged..
17. Must report the failure of any equipment belonging to the Hall or brought in by hirers
18. Shall ensure no children or dogs enter the kitchen at any time.
19. Shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure, particularly late at night and early in the morning. The Hirer is reminded that the Henfield Hall is situated in a residential area.
20. Ensure that the electricity, gas, heating, lighting, , sound system, audio visual equipment and water fittings at the premises shall in no way be interfered with at anytime.
21. No internal or external alterations or additions may be made to the premises nor may any fixtures be installed or placards, decorations or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the premises without the approval of the COMMITTEE. Any alteration, fixture or fitting so approved shall at the COMMITTEE'S discretion remain in the premises at the end of the hiring. Please consult Hall Steward on room layout and decoration
Failure to Observe Conditions of Hire.
22. If the Hirer refuses or omits to comply with any of the Conditions of Hire or with any instructions conveyed to him by Staff on behalf of the COMMITTEE, the Hirer and all those attending the event may be excluded from the premises and the charge made to or due from the Hirer shall not be waived
ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR HIRE FOR EVENTS WITH MORE THAN 100 ATTENDEES IN A CONCERT OR FAIR/EXHIBITION LAYOUT
In addition to the stated TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR HIRE
Must provided at lease ONE dedicated person (clearly recognisable) to act as safety steward for the event for each room hired
The safety steward must
• Be responsible for the supervision of the premises
• Familiarise themselves with fire exits and safety procedures
• Ensure during the course of the hire that fire exits are not blocked or impeded in any way
• Assist with the evacuation of the Hall in the event of an emergency
Henfield Hall Trustees - Revised November 2023